We are happy to announce that Hyde Park Dentistry will be able to resume normal activities.
Your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority. We have updated our practice procedures and undergone the proper team training so that we can minimize the risk of COVID-19 for everyone. Our team will strictly follow all guidelines set forth by Public Health Ontario and our dental governing bodies.
A team member will be contacting you to set up an appointment. Priority will be given to those with urgent issues and we will gradually bring back Hygiene services. Please be patient with us as we get accustomed to our new routines and schedule.
For your peace of mind and preparation, the process below is to provide you a safe dental treatment experience including, but not limited to:
Day Before Your Appointment:
· A COVID-19 screening form will be sent to you by email or text. Please review, answer, sign and submit.
· In case of children or patients requiring assistance, each individual entering the office is required to fill out a screening form as the Public Health Ontario guidelines mandate. The form you receive will have two screening portions. Please fill out one or both portions as needed.
Upon Arrival at the Office:
· An email or text will be sent to you a half hour before your appointment with instructions.
· Please respond “arrived” and wait in your car or outside the office. We will contact you when you can enter the office.
· Only the patient with an appointment can enter the office. The only exception is in case of children who must have a parent or guardian accompany them or those in need of assistance.
· Please enter with a mask on. We can provide you with a mask but due to the shortage of PPE, we request you use your own reusable mask as much as possible.
· Please perform hand hygiene using the alcohol sanitizer provided.
· Staff will review your COVID-19 screening form once again and take your temperature using a contactless thermometer.
· We will make every attempt to seat you in the treatment area as soon as the screening process is completed. In the unlikely event that does not occur, please keep your mask on and maintain a 2-metre physical distance at all times.
o Please note-Any Person showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
· All operatories will be COMPLETELY disinfected before you are seated.
· All operatories are equipped with high-volume air filtration and purification units. These units are capable of removing particles smaller than the COVID-19 virus.
· During patient care, appropriate masks, face shields, gloves and gowns will be worn by all personnel providing treatment and changed between each patient.
· Before start of treatment, you will be asked to rinse with 1.5% Hydrogen Peroxide as this will help decrease oral pathogens.
· Upon completion of your procedure, and before departure, you are asked to sanitize your hands and leave with your mask on.
· All surfaces in the operatory will thoroughly disinfected.
· Clear panels are placed at the reception desk to protect against droplets.
· Reception areas and washrooms will be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day.
· Magazines, toys and books have been removed as they are difficult to keep clean.
· Staff undergo COVID-19 screening and temperature recording daily.
In the past our goal had always been to minimize your waiting time in the office when you arrive. However, adjusting to the additional measures will undoubtedly add to your appointment time. We will make every attempt to make this as efficient as possible. Please allow sufficient time for your appointment and we appreciate your patience and indulgence in case of unforeseen circumstances.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution and want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Moaveni and the Hyde Park Dentistry Team